Dean Ford, CAP, PE
COO and Managing Principal Engineer
Dean Ford has more than 25 years of experience in the Automation Systems industry providing clients thought leadership in all levels of system conception, design, and operation.
With an extensive background in automation, information, and integration initiatives, Dean helps organizations identify and address critical areas for system implementations. He focuses holistically on all three legs of the People Process Technology Triangle as he works to bring ideas to life.
He actively works to promote the Automation Profession through considerable volunteer work to educate company leadership, government, and the public about the profession.
Dean is the Chair of the AWWA Water Utility and Technology and Automation Committee and is a member of AWWA, WEF.
Dean is a senior member of ISA where he has held several volunteer leadership positions and serves on several standards committees including ISA88, ISA 95, ISA99, ISA 101, ISA 112.
Dean is a Control Systems Engineer licensed in AL, AZ, CA, CT, FL, ID, IL, KS, KY, MA, MD, NC, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, WI, and WV.
- International Society of Automation (ISA)
- Control System Integrators Association (CSIA) – member
- American Water Works Association (AWWA), Member,
- Chairperson of Water Utility Automation Technology Committee (WUTAC)
- Water Environment Federation (WEF), Member
- MST Academy of Electrical and Computer Engineering (AECE) – Member
Basic Electricity and Electronics for Control: Fundamentals and Applications
– Publishing 2022
- 2015 CIO Forum – SCADA is DEAD: Why utilities need to move to optimized, automation systems
- ACE15 – Design-Assist: Not Just for Construction Projects
- 2016 ISA Water and Wastewater Automation Conference – SCADA is DEAD: Why Utilities need to move to optimized, automation systems
- 2016 Critical Infrastructure ICS/IT Workshop – SCADA Assessment Framework: Assessing your most critical asset
- 2017 ISA Process Control and Safety Conference – Transformation in operator process perception through implementation of ISA 101 based HMI
- ACE17 – SCADA is DEAD
- 2018 WEFTEC – SCADA is DEAD
- 2018 ISA Water and Wastewater Automation Conference – SCADA-Your Most Critical Asset
- CA NV AWWA 2019 – SCADA: Your Most Critical Asset
- 2019 Energy and Water Automation Conference – Automation Maturity: Where Does the System Live?